Dear Partners in Ministry,
Indeed you are our partners in ministry whether through prayer, financial support, or both. Thank you so much! You share in the fruit of our labors!
Here’s a note I received from a pastor to whom we’ve ministered for the past four years. We were blessed to walk with him through some challenging times. Now he’s following the Lord’s leading to Florida:
“It is so hard to think of not being here to witness the growth of Grace Valley and the expanding impact of the Barnabas Ministry in Cherokee County and beyond. But we want to stay closely connected to you and enjoy fellowship in the years ahead as we make periodic trips back to North Georgia. And be assured that I will be seeking out brothers to form a group in New Port Richey! We will be eager to read your GV newsletters and continue praying weekly for you. You’ve blessed me and my family immeasurably. We thank the Lord for His good providence in bringing our lives together!”
Here are some answers to prayer since our last newsletter:
1. The Lord has provided us with a volunteer web master who has already helped us start the process of updating and maintaining our website.
2. There are a couple of potential marketing resource people God has put us in touch with. Pray for the next steps we need to take to create materials to present the ministry to potential donors.
3. We had a great board meeting a week ago, and we began working through questions raised by my Ministry Ventures coaching material. God is using this process to sharpen our focus as a ministry.
Here are some prayer requests:
1. Pray for God to speed along the work of our engineer and hydrologist as their work holds the key to our progress on the land development. Once their work is finished, we’ll have a clearer picture of our first fund raising goal.
2. Continue to pray for God to provide us with a Barnabas who can help add and carry the load of more pastors groups in the area.
3. Pray for some ideas we are considering regarding ministry to the spouses of pastors.
4. Pray for the wisdom and courage pastors will need to respond to the Supreme Court’s decision on gay marriage. We are living in challenging days.
In deep gratitude and love,
Phil, Sue and the Grace Valley Ministry Team